May 7, 2019
Mark Aaron Polger considers himself an ‘accidental library
marketer.’ He is an Academic Librarian at the City University of
New York and he is the Founder of the first ever marketing journal
that is related only to libraries, Marketing Libraries
Journal! Mark has just released his third issue and there are
so many great articles and words of wisdom in these pieces that are
perfect for any library marketer to indulge. Find out more about
Mark and the awesome work he’s doing, in this week’s episode!
- Meetpiola has a couple of free resources to help with your
library’s marketing campaigns. Visit our website to check it
- Who is Mark and what does he do?
- What is the library journal all about?
- What’s the difference between a double-blind peer review and a
- Mark believes a lot of marketers do ‘upside-down marketing’
where they market first and then look at the data after.
- Quick announcement: Are you struggling with your library’s
current website? We have a webinar to help you through this
- The library journal is completely free to use!
- What kind of articles can you expect to find in the academic
- There’s some great content that gets featured in the journal
like how to use cats to market your library and the power of
- Mark answers some quickfire questions!
Mentioned in This Episode: