Apr 9, 2019
Tyler Byrd has a solo episode for you today to discuss some
things he’s had on his mind about vendors, the library, and the
branding issues the library faces while promoting these services.
Why do patrons keep struggling to find out the library offers key
services like audiobooks, databases, and other services? Tyler
believes it’s due to bad branding practices! Tune in to this week’s
episode for more thoughts and insights from Tyler.
- Meetpiola has a couple of free resources to help with your
library’s marketing campaigns. Visit our website to check it
- Tyler is doing a quick solo episode for you today!
- A lot of library patrons aren’t even aware that their library
has audio books or streaming music services, among other
- Despite library marketing efforts, people still don’t know
about these services. Why is that?
- Tyler thinks it comes down to poor branding practices. He
shares an example of two clothing company brands and the message
they each convey.
- Patrons are looking at (and remembering) library vendors
overtime instead of the actual library.
- Quick announcement: Are you struggling with your library’s
current website? We have a webinar to help you through this
- How can libraries fix this branding problem?
- Vendors are here to help libraries and the community. And, the
best way to do that is to reinforce the library’s brand, not the
- What are the steps that we need to take to use the library
brand instead of the vendor’s brand? Vendors don’t offer this
- Tyler shares another branding example.
- Did you find this episode helpful? Please share it!
Mentioned in This Episode: