Apr 2, 2019
Misty Nesvick is the Community Relations Manager at Anchorage
Public Library. Prior to this, Misty worked at iHeartMedia for
nearly 16 years as a Senior Account Manager and Digital Sales
Strategist. Misty has a different take on how to market a library
due to her radio background. On today’s show, she shares some key
insights and results she’s gotten through leveraging radio
influencers and promoting library content on the radio.
- Meetpiola has a couple of free resources to help with your
library’s marketing campaigns. Visit our website to check it
- Who is Misty and what does she do for the Anchorage Public
- The Anchorage Public Library is the largest library system in
the state of Alaska. They have five locations with one main hub,
and they serve a population of about 300,000.
- Prior to this, Misty worked at iHeartRadio. What kinds of
lessons did she learn while she was there?
- What are some of the benefits of using radio advertising?
- Misty shares how she got influencers to endorse their
- When it comes to a radio ad, what should libraries focus
- When you’re on vacation, you’re more open to spending more.
When you’re at work, you’re focused on your day-to-day life and not
as open to new messaging. Advertising at ‘peak times’ isn’t always
the best time.
- Misty shares an example of a fantastic radio ad she heard from
the U.S. Postal Services.
- Quick announcement: Are you struggling with your library’s
current website? We have a webinar to help you through this
- Don’t be everything to everybody. Very rarely will your budget
allow for you to do that.
- What kinds of demographics does Misty look for?
- What should libraries avoid in their radio marketing
- Misty shares some metrics and results she’s gotten from her
marketing campaign so far.
- Final thoughts from Misty on how to better market your
Mentioned in This Episode: